* 1 pound fresh pasta
* 1/2 cup white wine
* 2 cloves garlic
* 1/2 pound green beans
* 1 pint cherry tomatoes
# Cook pasta according to directions on package. Blanche the green beans.
# In a sauce pan over medium heat, boil wine until reduced. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
# Combine the pasta, vegetables and sauce. Serve with chicken marinated in wine and barbequed.
* baby back ribs
* BBQ sauce
Put ribs in pot with about 4 beers (any variety). Add water to cover ribs. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 1 hour to 1.5 hours. Remove ribs from pot, cover in BBQ sauce, then BBQ for a couple minutes on each side.
* 4 salmon steaks, about 1 inch thick
* cooking spray
* 1 1/2 tablespoons dill, finely chopped
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
* 4 lemon wedges
Preheat oven to 350.
Spray baking dish with PAM. Place fish in pan and spray tops with PAM. Sprinkle with dill, salt and pepper. Bake for 10-20 minutes (until flakey). Serve with lemon wedges.
* 3 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 can chicken broth
* 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
* pepper to taste
* 1 bunch fresh basil or dried basil to taste
* 2 teaspoons corn starch
* 1 package linguine
Cook the pasta according to directions.
Heat butter in a large saute pan on medium high heat. Add chicken and saute until done. Add garlic and saute 2 minutes. Add chicken broth, lemon juice, pepper and basil (if using dried basil). Reduce sauce slightly (2 minutes), then add cornstarch and stir well. If using fresh basil, add now. Continue to reduce for another few minutes. Sauce should be fairly liquid and light flavored. Serve over pasta and serve with fresh salad or vegetables.
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 1/4 cup rasberry balsalmic vinegar
* 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1 head romaine, torn into bite-sized pieces
* 1/2 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
* 1 cup strawberries, stemmed and quartered
* 1/2 cup sliced red onion (about 1/2 small onion)
* 1/4 cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans
* 1/2 avocado, sliced
Combine the olive oil, vinegar, sugar, hot sauce, salt, pepper, and cinnamon in a jar. Shake well and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Combine the romaine, oranges, strawberries, onion, pecans, and avocado in a large bowl. Toss with half the dressing; toss well. Serve with the remaining dressing.
From the resources of our very own, world famous Thad Buzolich!
Another tasty creation from Thad’s Recipe Collection
* 1 medium shallot, sliced thin
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 3 pints (2 pounds) cherry tomatoes, each tomato halved pole to pole
* Table salt
* 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, or to taste
* 1 tablespoon sherry, or red wine vinegar
* 3 large garlic cloves, sliced thin
* 1 pound farfalle (bowtie pasta)
* 1 large bunch arugula, leaves torn into bite-sized pieces (about 4 cups loosely packed)
* 4 ounced goat cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
Adjust oven rack to middle position; heat oven to 350.
In small bowl, toss shallots with 1 teaspoon oil; set aside. In medium bowl, gently toss tomatoes with remaining oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper flakes, black pepper, sugar, vinegar, and garlic. Spread in even layer on rimmed baking sheet (about 17 by 12 inches), scatter shallots over tomatoes; roast until edges of shallots begin to brown and tomato skins are slighly shriveled (tomatoes should retain their shape), 35 to 40 minutes. (Do not stir tomatoes during roasting.) Remove tomatoes from oven and cool 5 to 10 minutes.
While tomatoes cook, bring 4 quarts water to boil in large stockpot. Just before removing tomatoes from oven, stir 1 tablespoon salt and pasta into boiling water and cook until al dente. Drain pasta and return to pot; add arugula and toss until wilted. Using rubbeer spatula, scrape tomato mixture into pot on top of pasta and toss to combine. Serve immediately, sprinkling cheese over individual bowls.
* 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 3 tablespoons lime juice
* 2 cloves garlic
* 1 cup packed cilantro leaves
* 1/2 jalapeno, seeded
* Salt and pepper
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 large onion, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch slices
* 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
Flatten chicken breasts to 1/2 inch thickness between two sheets of plastic wrap with a mallet or rolling pin. Even better is to buy the less expensive thinly sliced chicken breasts. Place chicken breasts in glass baking dish. In a blender combine 2 tbsp olive oil, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, jalapeno and salt and pepper. Blend until smooth and pour over chicken. Cover with plastic wrap and let chicken marinate for 30 minutes.
In a large skillet over medium heat oil. Add onions and peppers and cook until they are tender and begin to brown. Transfer to serving dish and put it in the oven to keep warm. Toast flour tortillas for about 30 seconds per side and keep warm in an aluminum foil pocket. Grill the chicken on each side for a few minutes.
To serve, slice chicken into even strips. Serve hot with onions and peppers, grated jack and cheddar cheese, salsa, guacamole, and sour cream. Copyright: Thad’s Recipe Collection
* 1 1/2 pound new red potatoes
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1 cup chicken broth
* 1 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Peel a strip of skin from around the middle of each potato. Place in cold water and set aside.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil. Saute onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Add broth and 3/4 cup parsley, mix well. Bring to a boil. Place potatoes in a single layer in skillet. Return to a boil, reduce heat. Simmer, covered for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove potatoes with a slotted spoon to serving bowl. Pour sauce over potatoes and sprinkle with remaining parsley.
* tomatoes, sliced
* fresh basil leaves
Slice mozarella and tomatoes. Place on plate slightly layered, alternating between tomato and mozarella. Top with basil leaves.
* frozen chicken thighs, enough to cover the bottom of the pan
* olive oil (optional)
* red pepper flakes, to taste
* salt, to taste
* pepper, to taste
* 6-10 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 tablespoon capers
* dry red wine, enough to half submerge chicken
* balsamic vinegar, enough to drench top surface of each thigh
* 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
* tablespoon Dijon mustard (optional)
* 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Put oil and frozen chicken into a large sucepan on high heat. Sprinkle red pepper flakes, salt and pepper on thighs. Add garlic, capers and wine. Splash balsamic vinegar on each thigh. Add onion and optional mustard. Once liquid begins to boil, turn thighs every few minutes. If pan dries out add more liquid (wine or water). Continue until sauce is reduced, chicken is cooked and covered in a carmelized coating. Just before the sauce is boiled down, add the lemon juice and cook down for a few minutes.
Serve with Basmati rice.