- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped or 2 teaspoons dried fennel
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 24 strips
- 2 red or yellow peppers, cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
Combine first 8 ingredients in zip-top plastic bag; seal and shake well. Marinate in refrigerator 20 minutes. Remove chicken and vegetables from bag; discard marinade.
Thread chicken, peppers and onion wedges alternately onto each of 6 (12-inch) skewers. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place kebabs on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Cook 8 minutes, turning once, or until chicken is done.