- 1 package of Lasagna noodles
- 1 15 ounce container of Ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 large ball of mozzarella, grated
- 1 jar of pasta sauce
- 3/4 lb ground meat (beef and/or pork)
- OMIT 1 head of broccoli, steamed and cut into small pieces
- 1 tablepoon (or more) red pepper flakes
- salt, pepper, basil and oregano to taste
Preheat oven to 350F.
Cook Lasagna noodles according to directions on package.
Mix together Ricotta cheese and beaten egg. In a separate bowl, mix grated mozzarella and parmesan.
Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat. Saute onion for 3 mintues, then add garlic and continue to saute for 2 more minutes. Add the ground beef and pork and saute until done. Drain excess fat. Add pasta sauce, broccoli and red chili flakes to taste. Add additional spices if necessary.
Put 1/3 of the sauce in the bottom of a casserole dish. Place a layer of noodles on top. Spread 1/3 of the ricotta mixture on top. Sprinkle 1/3 of the grated mozzarella mixture on top. Repeat 3 times.
Bake, covered in tin foil, for 30 minutes. Remove the tin foil and continue to bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until the cheese on top is melted.