* frozen chicken thighs, enough to cover the bottom of the pan
* olive oil (optional)
* red pepper flakes, to taste
* salt, to taste
* pepper, to taste
* 6-10 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 tablespoon capers
* dry red wine, enough to half submerge chicken
* balsamic vinegar, enough to drench top surface of each thigh
* 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
* tablespoon Dijon mustard (optional)
* 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Put oil and frozen chicken into a large sucepan on high heat. Sprinkle red pepper flakes, salt and pepper on thighs. Add garlic, capers and wine. Splash balsamic vinegar on each thigh. Add onion and optional mustard. Once liquid begins to boil, turn thighs every few minutes. If pan dries out add more liquid (wine or water). Continue until sauce is reduced, chicken is cooked and covered in a carmelized coating. Just before the sauce is boiled down, add the lemon juice and cook down for a few minutes.
Serve with Basmati rice.