* 6 tablespoons chicken broth
* 2 tablespoons teryaki sauce
* 2 teaspoons brown sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
* 1 or 2 thai or jalapeno chilies, cut into small rounds
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
* 3/4 cup fresh basil, sliced
* 3 green onions, cut into 3 inch pieces
In a medium bowl, whisk together chicken broth, teryaki sauce and brown sugar. Add cornstarch and whisk until corn starch and sugar are dissolved. Set aside.
Cut chicken breasts into one inch cubes.
In a saute pan on medium-high heat, saute bell pepper in vegetable oil for 1 minute. Add chili to taste and garlic, saute for 1 minute. Add chicken pieces, saute until cooked through. Stir in basil and green onions, saute for 1 minute until onions are barely wilted. Whisk sauce mixture and pour into pan. Cook just until liquid comes to a boil. Serve with rice.
Williams-Sonoma Collection Series, Chicken by Rick Rodgers