- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 & 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
* these are supposed to be little ball shaped cookies. Mine were flat, but still delicious. Next time try refrigerating longer and keeping cool until just before popping them in the oven. Or try 1 C powdered sugar, 1 cup butter, 1/4 t peppermint extract, 2 cups flour, 1/8 t salt)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1 & 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. In another bowl, whisk flour and cornstarch; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes or until firm enough to handle.
Preheat oven to 350. Shape dough into 1 inch balls; place 2 in apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 9-11 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
In a small bowl, beat butter until creamy. Beat in milk, extract and food coloring (optional). Gradually beat in confectioners sugar until smooth. Spread over cookies; sprinkle with crushed candies.